Subscribe Now!

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Werewolves of London....

This weekend, I'll be flying to London for a few days on business, so I've been thinking about the first time I travelled to the UK. It was in the mid-80s and I went there with members of my high school English class (pretty cool, yeah). While most of my classmates were excited to see the usual monuments and attractions, all I cared about was getting an opportunity to go record shopping. As one of three "punks" in my entire high school, I was often lambasted by my friends for my musical tastes. The bands I picked up on this trip were just fuel for the fire: The Teardrop Explodes, Japan, Fine Young Cannibals, The Mighty Lemon Drops, Thompson Twins, Depeche Mode, The Smiths, The Buzzcocks....still have each of those records in my collection to this day. On the plane home, my friends were loaded up with souvenirs from the trip. Me, I had a backpack full of wax.

New episode debuts tomorrow, featuring the return of "Guilty Pleasures" with my 12-year-old daughter and emo/pop punk "expert," Emmilee.

No comments: