Subscribe Now!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Welcome to Twitch!

In the late 1980s, I launched my very first solo broadcast program, "Twitch," on Syracuse University's WERW radio station. Things were pretty meager then. The station emitted a whopping 10 watts of power, which more or less meant it could be heard within a ten block radius of the campus. We simulcast through the University television network, with cartoons and old horror and sci-fi movies serving as the visual backdrop. Upon my graduation from college in 1991, "Twitch" went off the air. Though I have made several guest appearances on other stations in the years since --- including the legendary WLIR on Long Island --- and have DJed clubs from Munich to Mexico City, I longed for the experimental, open format that defines "college radio." Now, twenty years after it began, "Twitch" returns on the web. Expect to hear a somewhat wide selection of electronic and alternative music, depending on how the mood strikes me. New music will always be the main focus, but expect to hear forgotten classics, too, as well as a few other surprises. Thanks for tuning in...and feel free to email me your requests at: rexxarkana@gmail.com

rexx

 Subscribe in a reader

No comments: